"You've worked hard for what you have. We work hard to help you keep it."
Free Phone Consultation!
©Copyright 2009 Medicaid Information Resource, 3440
East Lake Road, Suite 108,
Palm Harbor, FL 34685
MIR offers financial planning services designed to help elderly clients preserve their assets in safe investments so they may qualify for government financial assistance programs. MIR charges fees to assist elderly clients in submitting Medicaid applications, and we may receive commissions for annuities structured in the planning process. In 11 years filing Medicaid applications, we have never had an application denied.
We are not attorneys and do not offer legal advice or draft any legal documents. The decision to hire MIR is in no way equivalent to or a substitution for an attorney.
below are the General Requirements for Medicaid Eligibility in Florida
according to the Department of Children and Families. In order to be eligible
for Florida Medicaid ICP Benefits, the individual must meet the following
* 65 years of age or blind or disabled
* U.S. citizen or a qualified alien
* Florida Resident
* Asset Limit of $2,000 ($5,000 if applicant’s gross income is below $848 per month). The community spouse may keep $113,640 of assets.
* Monthly gross income must not exceed the Florida State Income Standard (currently $2,094 as of January, 2012). Only the income of the individual in the nursing home is counted. If the individual’s gross income exceeds this limit, it will be necessary to establish an Income Trust to become eligible (see Income Requirement).
* Appropriate placement – The individual must require institutional care as determined by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs CARES field office and they must be placed in a Medicaid certified facility that provides the required level of care.